Clinic MyChart Terms and Conditions
Call 911 for All Medical Emergencies
These terms and conditions constitute a binding agreement between you and Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic (the “Clinic”) ("we," "us," or "our"). If you use this site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. The Clinic reserves the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders in their sole discretion.
MyChart is an Internet service that allows our patients to: communicate with us; access their health records; view and update personal information; receive test results; read patient educational material; receive email notifications; view financial information for on-line payment; prescription renewals; direct appointment scheduling; online messaging; and access related services and content. MyChart is provided on behalf of us and our providers, employees, managers, officers, directors, agents, and representatives. The Clinic is the intended third-party beneficiaries of this agreement and entitled to enforce all terms and conditions of this agreement, as such are amended from time to time. By accessing or using MyChart, you confirm that you agree to these terms and conditions, as such are amended from time to time. If you do not agree, then do not use MyChart. By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you acknowledge that you are at least 18 years of age, or have parental consent or are legally emancipated, and that you are requesting access to MyChart. You acknowledge that MyChart is offered as a courtesy to our patients and agree that we may limit or discontinue your use of MyChart at any time for any reason. Further you understand that MyChart does not contain your complete medical record. It is only summary of your record. If you would like to see your complete record please ask someone at your Clinic location.
A. Minimum Requirements and Security
1. This website uses encryption software. In order to use MyChart, you must have:
A personal computer equipped with an Internet browser that has 128-bit encryption enabled and configured to accept cookies (e.g., Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, Safari, or Firefox;
Internet access, a valid email account, software to receive and read email messages, and spam filters set to accept email from our domain; and
Adobe Reader installed (to download a copy of Adobe Reader, please go to http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html).
2. While we use state-of-the-art security, no system can guard against risks of intentional intrusion or inadvertent disclosure of information. When using MyChart, information may be transmitted over media that are beyond the control of the Clinic and their contractors and subcontractors, which might not be secure. For example, you might receive email, text, or telephone communications in connection with your use of MyChart, all of which are inherently unsecure and subject to disclosure to, or access, by third parties (e.g., if your phone is used by someone else, you do not keep your phone or email information up to date on MyChart and communications are misdirected, or the network or systems of a telecommunications provider are hacked). Furthermore, electronic services such as those provided by the Clinic, their contractors and subcontractors, and any telecommunications providers involved in the transmission of data are all inherently subject to failure and none of the foregoing can guarantee that their services will be provided without error or interruption at all times that you may wish to use those services. YOU HEREBY EXPRESSLY ASSUME THE RISK OF ANY UNAUTHORIZED DISCLOSURE OR INTENTIONAL INTRUSION, OR OF ANY DELAY, FAILURE, INTERRUPTION, OR CORRUPTION OF DATA OR OTHER INFORMATION TRANSMITTED IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF ANY SERVICE RELATED TO MYCHART. You can tell when you are secure by looking at the location (URL) field. If the URL begins with https:// (instead of http://), the document comes from a secure server. This means your data cannot be read or deciphered by unauthorized individuals. You can tell whether you are truly connected to the Clinic by viewing the digital certificate. This certificate verifies the connection between the Clinic server's public key and the server's identification. To view the digital certification for a secure site, locate the "lock" icon on your Web browser and click or double click the icon to get more information. Once information is received by us, your medical information will be treated as confidential and given the same protection that all of our other medical records are given. Please know that if you send us an email communication, it may be shared with the Clinic staff that assists the provider in providing the patient's medical care. A patient's confidential medical information on MyChart will be accessible only to appropriate clinical staff.
B. Security, Confidentiality, and Usage Guidelines for MyChart
1. YOU MUST NOT SEND ANY MESSAGES REQUIRING URGENT ATTENTION USING MYCHART. Doing so may create a delay in your receiving necessary medical treatment and could result in loss of life, permanent injury, or significant deterioration in your health. If you believe that you have an urgent medical matter, you should call 911 immediately or proceed to the nearest emergency room. If the matter is not urgent but you need a response in less than two (2) business days, please contact your clinician's office directly by telephone during our regular business hours. Furthermore, with respect to any electronic communications sent by the patient, we are only able to respond to such communications based on the information provided by the patient. If additional information is needed, we may return your message for clarity.
FOR ALL MEDICAL EMERGENCIES, IMMEDIATELY CALL 911
2. MyChart is designed as a secure Internet-based environment through which you may receive confidential medical information about yourself. When you initially enroll to use MyChart, you will need to confirm your identity by entering the activation code provided at your primary care clinic, patient’s date of birth, and zip code, a confidential user name and password for login credentials, and two (2) security questions. Please DO NOT SHARE YOUR PASSWORD with anyone. Anyone with access to your password will be able to view your medical (protected health information) and financial information as if that person was you. This could include the patient's spouse, employer or anyone else that can access a patient's email account. Although no private medical information will be sent, the notification that new medical information is available by accessing MyChart may be information that a patient would not want others to know. Thus, when you give someone your password, you are authorizing that person to access your account, and you are responsible for all transactions that person performs while using your account. It is your responsibility to prevent disclosure of your password and to change your password if you feel that your security has been compromised. If you believe that your password has become known to an unauthorized person and you want verification of any changes that may have been made to your account, please contact your primary care clinic. You can change your password in MyChart at any time by clicking the "Preferences" tab in the upper right of your screen or clicking the “Change Password” link from the Home Page. You may revoke authorization to your information in MyChart by using the “Preferences” tab in the portal.
3. You may request a MyChart account for yourself. You may not request or access a MyChart account for anyone else, except a parent or guardian may request and access an account on behalf of a minor child under the age of 13 or if a Power of Attorney is activated on behalf of an adult patient. By accepting these terms and conditions, you certify that you are authorized to open or access the account you are requesting and that all information you have provided to us is true and correct to the best of your knowledge. An individual must be age 13 or older to request a personal account. Parents or guardians of minor children may request access to the minor child's account by following the terms outlined in the "Proxy Access" section of these Terms and Conditions.
4. Minor children between the ages of 13 and 17 (inclusive) will be eligible to participate in the full spectrum of MyChart services. Under State and Federal law, there are certain types of medical information that the parent or guardian of a minor patient age 13–17 may not view without consent of the minor patient. Thus, when a minor patient reaches age 13, restrictions will be placed on MyChart access until he/she reaches age 18 or until consent for the adolescent to have a MyChart account has been signed and the adolescent activates his/her account. Adolescents may grant parents/legal guardians Proxy access to their MyChart account by following the terms outlined in Section 5 below
5. Individuals age 18 or older may request proxy access to another individual's MyChart account by completing the Proxy Access Form and submitting it to the Clinic location where they receive primary care. Individuals age 13-17 may grant Proxy Access to parents/legal guardians by completing the appropriate Proxy Access portion of the MyChart Proxy Form and submitting it to Clinic. All medical information that is made available in MyChart will also be made available to your Proxy. Such access will only be granted to parties with parental rights or legal guardianship over the MyChart account holder and only to the extent that the party requesting proxy access can demonstrate the legal right to account holder's medical information. A MyChart account will be activated for both the proxy and the account holder. If the proxy's legal relationship with the account holder changes, the proxy and/or the account holder must inform us immediately by calling the provider’s office or sending written notice to the provider’s office. Clinic reserves the right to revoke proxy access at any time for any reason.
6. You MUST provide us with your email address when activating your MyChart account and keep your email address current via the My Profile link, to ensure that you receive notification of newly released information in a timely manner. You may continue to receive communications via the United States Postal Service or other means from us.
7. We keep track of the pages our patients visit within MyChart, in order to determine what services are the most popular. This data could be used to deliver customized content within MyChart to patients whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
8. We secure your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. The personally identifiable information you provide is maintained by us on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When personal information is transmitted from your PC and/or mobile devices to MyChart, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol. As a user of MyChart you hereby agree that you (and not the Clinic) are solely liable for viruses, worms, Trojan horses, cancel bots, and other electronic mechanisms designed to destroy or impair the functioning of computer systems already residing on your PC and/or mobile device. It is your responsibility to protect your PC from a virus.
9. When you use MyChart, we collect personally identifiable information, such as your email address, name, home address, telephone number, ZIP code, age, gender, contact preferences, access times, and account activity. This information is used by us for the operation of the service, to maintain the quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of MyChart. We may share data with business associates working on our behalf to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. We encourage you to review the Privacy Statement at www.yvfwc.org for further information regarding how your personal information may be used.
11. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide you electronically satisfy any legal requirements that such communications be in writing.
C. How We Protect Your Personal Health Information
2. We are committed to protecting the privacy of the information you send and receive through MyChart, and will only collect and use such information as permitted under the Privacy Statement. By using MyChart, you also consent to all of the terms and conditions described in the Privacy Statement.
3. All communications between you and our health care team using MyChart are carried over a secure, encrypted connection. It is your responsibility to login to your MyChart account and promptly read the available information.
D. Your Responsibilities
1. MyChart is a communication service offered as a convenience to our patients. We reserve the right to change the terms, conditions, and notices under which MyChart is offered. By accessing or using MyChart, you further agree that any and all such modifications are effective and binding upon you immediately upon posting of the modified version. We reserve the right in the future to charge a fee for the use of MyChart. You will be notified in advance of any such change and asked to re-apply if you agree to the fee and wish to continue with MyChart service.
2. You acknowledge that by entering your home and/or mobile telephone number into MyChart you are providing written consent for the Clinic to send automated, prerecorded, or artificial voice telephone calls to all provided numbers. You may opt-out of receiving these calls by sending written notice to your primary care clinic to revoke your consent to receive pre-recorded communications by telephone.
3. You understand that MyChart provides you with online access to some clinical information about you. You are solely responsible for any sharing of MyChart content that you intentionally or unintentionally communicate to others.
E. MyChart Messaging
1. By using MyChart, you acknowledge and agree that this messaging service is intended to facilitate communicating information regarding personal health matters. You agree not to use MyChart to post or send any illicit or offensive material.
2. You understand that your health care team may send you messages, test results, and other communications via MyChart as authorized in the sole discretion of your provider. These messages may contain information important to your health and medical care. It is your responsibility to monitor these messages. By entering your valid and functional email address at registration, you have enabled us to place your financial and medical information on your MyChart account.
3. You expressly give your consent to receive artificial, pre-recorded or auto-dialed calls from Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic or its designated third parties to the designated commercial, cellular or residential telephone number(s) you provide for the purposes of telemarketing, debt collection or other purposes.
4. All messages sent through MyChart will be added to your medical record.
F. Discontinuing Use of MyChart
1. You may discontinue your use of MyChart at any time by:
Not using MyChart, which means your information will remain on MyChart;
Not using your access within one year; or
To close your MyChart
account, you may call your primary care clinic.
2. MyChart will be deactivated due to specific terms and conditions for use of the applications at the discretion of the Clinic. The following is a list of reasons which may result in deactivation. The list is not inclusive and each circumstance will be evaluated individually.
No longer a patient for that practice/provider
Automatic system deactivation for a parent to view a child's record when the child reaches the age of 18
Inappropriate use of messaging or scheduling (ex: excessive, unnecessary, inappropriate content)
Abuse of proxy access
Pending legal issues with patient or direct family
Poor response to training
Inability to use features without constant assistance
2. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to limit or discontinue your use of MyChart at any time and for any reason, including, but not limited to, your use of MyChart on behalf of another person.
3. You will be notified if your MyChart service is discontinued.
4. All patients age 13 and over will be responsible for these Terms and Conditions. All patients age 13 and over will designate to whom they delegate access to their information via MyChart.
G. Your Clinical Information
1. As we provide your health care, we are required to maintain documentation of your medical history, current conditions, treatment plan, and all treatments given, including the results of all tests, procedures, and therapies. MyChart is an Internet application that enables a patient to have secure web-based access to personal clinical information, as released by the treating provider. By using MyChart, you understand that not all of your medical, financial or billing records with us will be accessible through your MyChart account. Posting of information to your MyChart account is at the sole discretion of your individual provider(s).
2. All of our electronic medical records are subject to state and federal regulations governing the security and confidentiality of medical records.
3. Certain highly sensitive information will not be released into your MyChart record.
H. Copyright and Trademarks
All content included in MyChart and on all of our websites, including, but not limited to, text, photographs, graphics, button icons, images, artwork, names, logos, trademarks, service marks, and data ("Content"), in any form, are protected by U.S. and international copyright and trademark law and conventions. The Content includes both Content owned or controlled by the Clinic, as well as Content owned or controlled by third parties and licensed to the Clinic, and no right, title, or interest is granted to you in or to any Content other than the right to use such content in connection with your use of MyChart. Users of this material are solely responsible for compliance with any copyright restrictions and are referred to the copyright notices appearing in the original sources, all of which are hereby incorporated by reference. Reproduction of any Content, in whole or in part, by any means, is prohibited without our express written consent.
2. This site is the copyrighted property of the Clinic and/or its various third party providers and distributors, and is protected by U.S. Copyright laws and other laws including international treaties. Third party providers and distributors may own some of the Content found on this site. The Clinic is not responsible for the privacy practices of third parties. We recommend that you review the privacy and security policies of such third parties should you so desire. You may download Content only for your personal use for noncommercial purposes, but no modification or further reproduction of the Content is permitted. The Content may otherwise not be copied, disseminated or used in any other way. If you violate any of these conditions, your permission to use the Content automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any copies you have made of any portion of the Content. No portion of this site, including but not limited to any channel, structure, text, graphics, designs, algorithms, object code, source code, creative concepts or results, may be reverse-engineered, disassembled, de-compiled, reproduced, transcribed, stored in a retrieval system, translated into any language or computer language, retransmitted in any form or by any means (electronic, mechanical, photo reproduction, recordation or otherwise), resold or redistributed without the prior written consent of the Clinic.
I. Site Access and Licenses
1. We grant to you a non-assignable, non-sublicensable, terminable, limited license to make personal use of our website, MyChart, and the associated services in accordance with these terms and conditions. This license expressly excludes, without limitation, any reproduction, duplication, sale, resale, or other commercial use of the website, MyChart, or any of the associated services; making any derivative of the website, MyChart, or any of the associated services; and the collection and use of user email addresses or other user information (including, without limitation, health information or any data extraction or data mining whatsoever).
2. Failure to comply with any of the terms and conditions contained herein, and as amended from time to time, may result in revocation of your license and cancellation of your MyChart account, including the right to access information through MyChart. We reserve the right to report violations of law to appropriate law enforcement agencies and to pursue all other rights and remedies available to us under civil or criminal law.
J. Links to Third-Party Websites
This website and MyChart might contain links to websites operated by other parties. The Clinic does not sponsor, operate, control, or endorse any of these sites, nor the information, products, or services provided by third parties through the Internet, nor does the Clinic make any guarantee, warranty, or representation regarding the accuracy of the information contained on the websites. You should not rely on any of the information found on these websites for purposes of treatment or diagnosis. The Clinic has no control over the security or privacy practices of these external websites. Use of other sites is strictly at your own risk including, but not limited to, any risks associated with destructive viruses. You are responsible for viewing and abiding by the terms and conditions of use and the privacy statements of the other websites.
K. No Warranties
MyChart and all other sites hosted by the Clinic and the content contained herein and therein are provided by the Clinic on an "As Is" basis. CLINIC MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF ITS SITES, OR THE CONTENT, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES INCLUDED THEREIN. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE CLINIC DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND INFRINGEMENT.
L. Limitation of Liability
1. Some of the material on our website and in MyChart is provided by third parties, and Clinic shall not be held responsible for any such third-party material. The Clinic disclaims any responsibility for, or liability related to, such third-party material. Any questions, complaints, or claims related to any product should be directed to the appropriate third party.
2. Neither the Clinic nor any of its contractors or subcontractors shall be liable for any loss, injury, illness, damages, or claims of any kind resulting from your failure to timely read messages you may receive through MyChart.
3. If you have any basis for recovering damages from the Clinic or its affiliates or vendors, you can only recover direct damages up to $10. You cannot recover any other damages, including consequential, lost profits, special, indirect, incidental, or punitive damages.
4. We try our best to make sure that MyChart is always working properly but there may be times when the system is shut down. We are not to blame for any problems that may occur from being unable to see your medical information.
5. Some or all of these limitations or exclusions may not apply to you if your state, province, or country does not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental, consequential, or other damages.
By using our website (including, but not limited to, MyChart), you agree that the laws of the location in which you receive services by the Clinic, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern these terms and conditions and any dispute that might arise between you and the Clinic. You expressly agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute with the Clinic resides in the courts of the county in which you received services by the Clinic and you further agree and expressly consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in the courts of the county in which you received services by the Clinic, in connection with any claim involving the Clinic. Use of our website is unauthorized in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to the terms and conditions set forth herein.
By initiating use of MyChart, I agree to the Terms and Conditions listed above.